Monday, June 13, 2011

Post the first.

Reading my friend's blog I was simultaneously intimidated by her wordsmithery, and inspired to start my own blog. Let's find out if I have anything to say...

I don't want this to be the kind of blog where the posts are just me complaining about being ill or whatever. But the thing is, I am. Ill, I mean. It sucks, and I feel all blarghy, but I don't want it to be that kind of blog, so that's all I'll say about it.

Weird. Wierd. Weird... My enter key seemed to be broken for a minute there, and then I forgot how to spell weird. It's alright though, everything seems to have sorted itself out.

I've been looking at houses. I can't afford to buy one unless I get a higher paying job and move to somewhere where the property prices aren't so ridiculous, but I still enjoy looking. Looking at them, and imagining myself in them. I love houses, especially old ones. They have their own kind of magic. A new house might be more practical (warmer, etc.), but the only stories it would have are the ones you would create in it. And while that is its own kind of special, I love imagining what has happened before, how the other owners/tenants lived. The foods they ate. The games they played. Why they chose that colour for that room. Houses are like books. Full of stories, and stories are the best kind of magic, and probably the only magic that I really believe in.

Speaking of houses, something in this one is making a strange noise... I wonder what it could be.

2 comments:

  1. 3 things:
    1. Your font makes the word ill-with-a-capital-I look like the Roman numerals for 3. So, I read that as "Three, I mean". Which is funny cos that's how many things I have to say!! :O
    2. I have never been called a wordsmith before, and if I recall when I was like 17, I was intimidated by YOU. Also, I've been called a wordsmith and a digital kamikaze pilot in one day. I should start an army.
    3. I was going to say "the strange noise is Jamie" but he's not here to be scapegoated so now I don't know.
    4. I lied about how many things I have to say. And I like your blog name, whatever I choose it to mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, blog guru. I have now adjusted my font to prevent further confusion with the 'i's.

    ReplyDelete